Researching Syrian Higher Education: A collaborative project between Syrian Academics15-18 July, 2017
In collaboration with University of Cambridge, Faculty of Education.
Led by: Prof Colleen McLaughlin/University of Cambridge, Dr Jo-Anne Dillabough/University of Cambridge, Dr Olena Fimyar/University of Cambridge and Mona Jebril/University of Cambridge.
Workshop Aim To learn the following research skills
- Planning stages of data analysis;
- Reporting using narratives and maps; critically approach issues of ethics, anonymity and confidentiality in research;
- Reflexivity and reflection in research;
- Preparation of data for analysis, anonymising data;
- Data coding and data summary;
- Practising creating composite case studies and cameos;
- Developing frameworks for literature review;
- Approached to data presentation and data visualisation;
- Critically approaching the issues of opinion, evidence and triangulation in research;
- Writing report outline;
- Writing executive summaries of research projects;
- Planning writing up and dissemination.
Outputs Discussion on how to report data started; Reports on Data Collection submitted; Reflections on methods written; Transcripts are prepared for analysis; The system for coding respondents across all sites developed; Working/thematic groups are formed; Cameos and summaries of data are written.
The list of emerging themes and overarching categories from literature review and analysis of interviews developed Outline of findings written; Outline of conclusions written; Plan of future work and deadlines agreed; Arabic to English translation of the sections of the report agreed.