HE Quality Enhancement: Sham Pilot (2)18-19 June, 2023
Led by: Dr Tom Parkinson/University of Kent, Prof Anastasia Christou/Middlesex University and Dr Tahir Zaman/University of Sussex.
Main Workshop Aims
- To consolidate understanding of learning outcomes and constructive alignment.
- To consolidate participants’ understanding of action-research approaches
- To introduce participants to principles and processes of curriculum mapping
- To explore the processes of the deliberative structure
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of Sham’s committee structure and application of committee terms of reference, programme learning outcomes, programme curriculum mapping, and subject benchmark statements.
- Understanding of transferable and cognitive skills and graduate attributes.
- Understanding of the use of curriculum frameworks to ensure constructive alignment across courses.
- Understanding of the application of benchmark standards, with reference to international examples.