English for Academic Purposes9-13 September, 2017
Led by: Rachael Burnham/University of Sheffield and David Read/University of Sheffield.
Workshop Goals To develop participants use of academic language in relevant settings, and to develop self-study skills to enable them to learn English independently.
- Use appropriate language to describe and compare charts/diagrams in their discipline
- Write a paragraph giving biodata about themselves
- Make inquiries about hotel facilities using appropriate questions and responses
- Express numbers/quantities relevant to presentation data
- Create their own word lists electronically or on paper based on frequency and relevance for them
- Describe and compare their work situation in the past and their current work situation
- Give a presentation incorporating the skills and language above